Los Angeles, USA
We partnered with Alliance College-Ready Public Schools, the largest public charter school organization in Los Angeles, on program design and improvement. We completed three projects related to their college access and college success work, central to their mission. Working with senior leadership, we helped to redefine roles for home office and school based staff and supported the development of a multi-year strategic plan aimed at increasing the rate of college matriculation and college persistence of graduating high school students.
- Customized college seminar course curriculum
- Created and refined lesson modules
- Created training materials for school-level staff members
- Created college essay writing curriculum for rising seniors
- Created professional development and training materials for school based teachers and counselors.
Strategic Program & Staffing Framework
- Conducted a national benchmark study of college readiness and guidance counseling programs
- Conducted program design session to set course for program changes
Staff Planning, Recruitment & Selection
- Advised senior leadership on director-level staff role creation
- Conducted national search for two new director level role
As a result…
The client implemented the new program design the following school year across nearly 30 schools along with an expanded college readiness seminar to multiple high school grade levels.